Monday, September 7, 2009

Gemma Pasimio Story

Friends take time to read this article and try to feel the message of this article. I advice that you fill your life with love, and healing will happen spontaneously. To GOD be the glory!!!

Posted by Bro. BO SANCHEZ

I’ve been battling with cancer since September 2006. A tumor was found in my right ovary so I had a major operation. Upon biopsy it was found to be malignant. I was simply told I have cancer. My heartbeat stopped for a moment when I heard the word “cancer”. How can I have cancer when I’m so young? Am I gonna die? I cried a bucket of tears but my doctor assured me that I’m not gonna die because my cancer was discovered at an early stage – Stage 1C. However I have to undergo chemotherapy for 6 months.
Initially it was difficult for me to accept the harsh reality. It was painful for my family, friends, and for my boyfriend. My boyfriend promised to walk with me throughout the difficult journey.

I had my first chemo in October 2006. After 10 days, I lost my long straight dark brown hair. I was completely bald and had no hair in my whole body. I felt so ugly. I looked like a freak. I didn’t want to get out of the house for fear that people would look at me strangely. I was that insecure. But my insecurity hit rock bottom in November 2006.
Because 4 days after my second chemo, my boyfriend of 3 ½ years, who promised to stay with me no matter what happened, broke up with me to be with another woman. He simply decided to leave me when I was battling with cancer.

I thought, God was truly punishing me! Why did I fall for a man who I thought would love me unceasingly, unconditionally, whether or not I was sick, whether or not I had hair? I was angry with God. I was angry that I was sick, that I was bald, that I was ugly, and that my boyfriend left me.

In April of this year, my cancer spread in both my ovary and abdomen. Doctors said my cancer advanced to stage 3c-4a. They also said I needed 2 major operations and undergo chemo afterwards. I asked, if I go through this again, can you assure me that I will be completely free from cancer? As expected, there was no guarantee.

So my answer to them was simple — “no to operation, no to chemo”. Why would I allow the doctors to open me up again if they couldn’t guarantee that the cancer cells will no longer spread? Why would I have another chemo if there was no assurance that I will be completely free from cancer? Therefore I said “no”.

That day, I decided to do two things: Grow closer to God and enjoy my life as much as I can. Today, I serve in Singles for Christ. I love God and have given myself to Him.

And I’m enjoying my life so much, I can now swim 50 laps in 40 minutes. I go to the gym. Since the start of this year, for the first time, I’ve joined 3 marathons, completing 5 kilometer races.

I’ve resigned from my stressful job and now operate my own little business.
Today, because of my faith and my positive attitude towards life, where I avoid useless stress in my life, I’m receiving God’s healing. Today, my medical tests show that even without chemo or surgery, both of my tumors have now shrunk!
With God at my side, I live one day at a time. Everyday is such a beautiful gift from Him. And I enjoy each day so much. I’m happy and at peace. God is my healer and I give my life to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment